– Brother range of
– An implement on which thread is wound.
Design. The using of computers to design
products. CAD systems are high-speed workstation with special CAD
software. The output of a CAD system is either printed or electronically
transmitted to a CAM system, which builds the object.
– Computer Aided
Manufacturing. This is a process of
using specialised computers to control, monitor, and adjust tools
and machinery in manufacturing.
- Decorative sewing stitch where loops are connected like the links
of a chain and the thread is not locked together.
- Computerised Numerical
Control. This is the control of a process
or machine by encoded commands. A computer commonly prepares these.
- Clamps are recommended for smaller, complicated applications where
material is put onto the machine and sewn before being removed and
the next piece inserted
A device for holding material to be sewn by the machine in place.
To decrease the time taken between sewing cycles a jig ejects system
can be fitted to increase efficiency.
– Industrial Sewing Machines
- stitch made on some sewing machines by the interlocking of the
upper thread and the lower thread.
PLK - Mitsubishi
range of automated sewing machines
Yoke – Japanese term meaning fool proofing.
- A cylinder on which wire, thread, or string is wound.